Serves 3-4 people
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 small red onion diced
- 300g chicken diced or 300g fresh prawns
- 200g flat rice noodles
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet radish diced
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 200g tofu, cut into cubes
- 3tbsp water
- 2 eggs
- 1 good handful of fresh bean shoots
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 2 tbsp peanuts – crushed
- 1-2 limes
- chilli powder/sweet chilli sauce to taste
- Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry tofu and red onion, then put aside for 2-3 minutes
- Add chicken or prawns to onion and tofu mixture, stir-fry until cooked
- Add noodles, white vinegar, fish sauce, sweet radish, sugar, dried prawns, water and then stir until the noodles are soft. Add more water if necessary.
- Push the noodles to one side of the wok and stir fry the egg. Once the egg is cooked mix it through the noodle mixture.
- Add the bean shoots and spring onion and mix
- Serve immediately with lime slices, crushed peanuts and chilli powder.